Bountiful Blessings Farm Produce
Be sure to check out our CSA Vegetable Delivery Program
Welcome! We are glad you found us on the web. This little website will keep you up to date on happenings at Bountiful Blessings Farm Produce. What an exciting time of the year! We are planting and harvesting every day!!! So much fun!
July 1, 2017
- If you have stopped by our stand in the last few weeks, you probably have noticed a little difference. We decided to paint the rustic looking building to help prevent the wood from deteriorating. The wood is quite old, as it came off the the original barn here on the family farm. The wood came from the state of New York from what I understand. It was shipped down the old Erie Canal; then by rail and wagon to the farm. It was most likely built around 1850 by the first owners, the Hubbard family. The Wielert family purchased the farm around 1905 or so. So, it was important for us to protect the wood so it will last many more years.
- This year we are featuring PLANTS! We have bushes, shrubs, evergreens, annual flowers, perennial flowers, vegetable plants and more. If you do not see what you are looking for, chances are we can get it for you. Be sure to stop out and see our new little greenhouse for the plants.
- This season has been challenging, but things are going well.
- Our first planting of cole plants are in, as well as, potatoes and onions. Tomatoes and peppers are in. In fact, just about everything has been planted. We are working on second plantings this week. We are on our fifth planting of Sweet Corn!
- This week we have Arkansas tomatoes, grape tomatoes, lettuce, cucumbers, green onions, new red and Yukon gold potatoes, Southern Illinois Bell Peppers, carrots, Bakers potatoes, spring mix greens, zucchini, radish, kohlrabi, broccoli, peaches, plums, grapes, cherries, blueberries, honey, strawberries, and more!
- We have decided to bring in a small amount of quality produce from other growers to offer a wide selection of out of season and out of region produce for our consumers convenience. There will be signs to indicate which items are not grown at our farm.
- Be sure to check back regularly for updates. We appreciate your interest in Bountiful Blessings Farm!
Be sure to visit our neighbors, Family Farm Meats L.L.C. for beef, chicken or pork - raised right there on the farm! https://www.facebook.com/FamilyFarmMeats/
If you have any questions, please give Jeff a call at (320) 217-9253 - or text him for more information. His email address is firstname.lastname@example.org
May God bless you!!
Our CSA subscriptions are still available for the 2017 season - click the link under products at the top of this page.
Look what we happened to stumble onto this today (2-24-2016) - Jeff's grandpa, Burton Wielert was in this Pabst Blue Ribbon Beer commercial. It was filmed in the late 1960's or very early 1970's at the Northern Illinois Steam Power Club's show in Sycamore, IL. Grandpa drove the horses. Jeff and his parents were actually there and watched them film. A lot of beer was dumped out on the ground. Check this out - - - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nfgUicDUYgA
Also, check out our page at Local Harvest:
Our blog page at Local Harvest:
Also visit the Hinckley Farmer's Market Page:
Be sure to 'like' us on Facebook!!